Thursday 15 September 2016

Mom, Take Some Rest, Please?

One day, I overheard a mom scolding her cheeky daughter:
"Kamu main gitu lagi Mami cubit setengah mati ya! Mami tampar ya! Seharian gak mau makan, beratmu cuma 12 kg, udah mau 4 tahun!"

Translated:
"Stop playing like that! Else, I will pinch you like I really mean it to! Oh I will slap you! You wouldn't eat for a whole day, don't you know you only weigh 12 kgs, you're almost 4 already!"

Geez.
So much pressure for a toddler.
No wonder it's said mother needs more vacation.

Well of course, I stopped and thought, I might have shared the same attitude towards my son. When I scolded him and like put all of the burden of the world on his fragile shoulders :(

Sorry, kid.
Sometimes we just forget that we, mothers, adults, should take the responsibility, not the kid.
Sorry, kid.
Sometimes we are overwhelmed and put the blame on you.

You, a little creature who should enjoy your life more with joy and laughter, not with burden to have proper weight on scale.

HUGS.


No comments: