Friday 4 December 2009

this selfish me

This morning I felt so awful...
I yelled at my sweetheart. Hiks.
So I was asking someone's address via YM, in the middle of our talking about our marriage. He was about to tell me something when I was chatting then. He poked me at the pitarm and instantly I jolted and yelled (I'm not proud of it, really): "WHAT?!!"
I could see surprise in his eyes and I recognized his body language as he answered me jokingly, "Ok ok, go on chatting, til you finished up, then we'll talk." I knew he was quite hurt.

I apologized quite right away. As sweet as he is, he accepted and tried to comfort me, as I think I looked very uneasy.
When he already arrived at his office, we talked via YM. I again asked for his apology. He said he had. Then he said this:
"While I was driving, I thought about it. I prayed that God gives me patience and that I can accept you just the way you are. But then I thought, when we have children, and they are as teasing as I am, then what would happen if suddenly you burst out? So I pray that God will give you a gentle and tender heart."
Well I was speechless. How selfish I am and how humble he is.
I was so embarassed... but I want to learn to humble myself and accept that I'm not as perfect as I want it to be.
Thank you, dear. Please bear with me :)

No comments: