Tuesday 23 March 2010

a (unqualified) story behind my passion in writing and books

There's a tradition in my culture, when a baby is about 1 y.o., s/he will have to choose one of some item the parents put in front of the baby. S/he will be put about 2 metres from those stuff, and the baby will have to crawl then pick one. The stuff s/he picks is trusted to symbolize what the baby will become later. It's a fun tradition, actually.
The stuff are commonly consist of: a book (means the baby will be a smart person), a pencil (the baby will be a dilligent & smart person), a coin (rich, hardworking one) and an egg (unfortunately, the baby will score egg in his/her lifetime).
I picked a book, back then.
My younger sister once was about to pick the egg, but my mom quickly led her to choose another. She took coin instead. My mom was relieved.

No comments: