Thursday 22 April 2010

you rock, Kelly!!!

I'm not a big fan of Kelly Clarkson.
But I like her voice, her singing, so true and soulful.
So I heard she was going to perform in Jakarta, large billboards display her face almost everywhere. I saw the commercial every night on cable. And so I was perplexed upon reading someone's timeline stating that Miss Clarkson has canceled the show, due to the tobacco sponsorship.

I read her blog today, read her explanation, and feel so proud of her (aiyayayayah, siape gueee yee.. hihi).
Love how she explains it, firmly, straight-to-the-point, clearly yet sympathetically.

Here it is:

Jakarta Mishap
Posted in Uncategorized on April 21, 2010 by iamkelly
So ….my morning began with finding out that I am all over billboards, tv ads, and other media formats along side a tobacco company who unbeknownst to me is sponsoring my Jakarta date on my current tour. I was not made aware of this and am in no way an advocate or an ambassador for youth smoking. I’m not even a smoker, nor have I ever been. Unfortunately, my only option at this point was to cancel the show in order to stop the sponsorship. However, I can’t justify penalizing my fans for someone else’s oversight. This is a lose-lose situation for me and I am not happy about it but the damage has been done and I refuse to cancel on my fans. I think the hardest part of situations like this is getting personally attacked for something I was completely unaware of and being used as some kind of political pawn.

Kelly

(iamkelly.wordpress.com) -> a big star using free blogsite, awesome! haha

ps: there hasn't been any official confirmation yet from javamusikindo, on how they are going to handle this situation, let see.

(lagi males nerjemahin, hihi)

No comments: